IT RawMaterials opens Booster Call for businesses affected by the COVID-19 crisis to support the future recovery
Due to current implications of the coronavirus outbreak and its impact on the global economy, EIT RawMaterials launches Booster Call to support start-ups, scale-ups and SMEs during the COVID-19 crisis with up to EUR 200 000 in funding. As part of the EIT’s Crisis Response Initiative, this activity directly contributes to the European Union’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
EIT RawMaterials Booster Call in response to the COVID-19 crisis aims to provide targeted support to high-impact and growth potential start-ups, scale-ups and SMEs during the crisis, as well as help adapt and accelerate in the post-crisis economy. Start-ups, scale-ups and SMEs affected by the economic consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as the businesses directly or indirectly contributing to mitigate technological, market and value chain challenges connected to the COVID-19 global crisis are encouraged to apply for the call. The application deadline is 12 June 2020.
The Booster Call supports new businesses that contribute to the EIT RawMaterials vision to develop raw materials into a major strength for Europe. This includes activities along the entire raw materials value chain from exploration, mining and mineral processing to substitution, recycling and circular economy.
The key targets supported within the open call include:
- Increasing the TRL (from at least TRL 4).
- Building or expanding Intellectual Property.
- Carrying out customer validation or pilot testing. The call also supports initiatives to find potential customers among EIT RawMaterials partners.
- Expanding the market and reaching a global scale.
- Preparing post–crisis economic reality (explore new market opportunities, anticipate new commercial opportunities, maintain employment and innovation capacity).